If you’re an adult with crooked teeth, chances are your smile has bothered you for years. Resolve to change that this year! We’d like to help you make that resolution happen. When you straighten teeth with Invisalign, you won’t have to put up with the downsides of metal braces.
Unlike braces, which straighten your smile with metal wires and brackets, Invisalign treatment involves wearing a series of custom-made aligners or trays. You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, then move to the next set. We take digital scans and use special 3-D software to create your treatment plan. That information is sent to a special lab where your aligners are made. You’ll see us for occasional progress checks to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned.
To see if you’re a candidate for this orthodontic treatment, call Jahyun Koo DDS to schedule a consultation in our Seattle, WA office. Or you can schedule online.
In the meantime, see some of the advantages of Invisalign aligners:
- Faster Results – Most people end up wearing metal braces for two years or more. Invisalign works faster. Adults typically complete their Invisalign treatment in 12 to 18 months. So you’ll get to enjoy your straight smile much sooner.
- Nearly Invisible Treatment – Probably the biggest benefit of Invisalign is the fact that the aligners are made of clear plastic. They are so hard to detect in your smile that many people probably won’t notice them at all. That said, it’s OK to take them out for photos or special occasions. Just make sure you wear them for about 22 hours a day.
- No Dietary Limits – Eating certain foods can be a challenge with metal braces. Some foods get stuck in braces and are difficult to remove. They might even damage your orthodontia. But there is no reason to skip any foods with your aligners. You can simply remove them for meals.
- Easy Oral Hygiene – Aligners also make it much simpler to keep your teeth clean. Simply pop them out for brushing and flossing.
- Greater Comfort – Brackets and wires can rub against your gums and other soft tissue in your mouth, creating sore spots. That’s not an issue with your orthodontic aligners. Most folks find them far more comfortable than braces. You may feel slight pressure when first switching to a new set of aligners. We recommend doing so at bedtime, since the sensation is less likely to bother you during the night.
Think you want to straighten teeth with Invisalign? Call us today at 206-922-4573.