It might not feel like it yet, but spring and summer will be here before you know it. The past winter was brutal at times, but now you can start getting ready for all those events and activities that happen in the warmer months.
Part of getting ready is making sure your family’s smiles are healthy and appealing. While it’s not like your family spent all this time hibernating, there are things going on soon that don’t typically happen during winter. How many winter weddings are there? How often do you play football or go swimming?
Now is the time to get smiles ready, so call Jahyun Koo DDS today at 206-922-4573 and make a new appointment. Dr. Koo is highly trained in family dentistry, and she can help children as young as six months old.
Spring Cleaning Time
Why is spring cleaning even a thing? Because it’s a great way to remember to clean up around the house. In addition, spring is when you can open the windows, air the place out, and finally get things as clean as they need to be. That’s why spring is also a great time for dental exams and cleanings.
Because your family needs to eat, their teeth and gums collect plaque and tartar. Both can ruin a healthy smile through cavities, gum disease, infections, and more. Brushing and flossing at home really helps, but it cannot replace the need for a professional dentist’s expertise and technology. That’s why everyone needs to see their dentist every six months or so.
Spring is a great time for dental cleanings. It’s easy to remember, and since you’re going to be active in the warmer months, it’s great to get this done now. Besides, many dental problems are hard to spot on your own, especially if the problems are new and small. But by catching them now, you can save time and money on the needed treatments.
Typically, people host big events during spring and summer. How many weddings did you end up attending last year? Besides that, these seasons are when people go on family vacations, host reunions, and attend graduation parties.
At all these events, you can expect many pictures to be taken. Unless you plan on frowning the entire time, your teeth and gums will appear in these pictures. Everyone will see them as the pics get shared online. Instead of being embarrassed, your family can be proud to smile thanks to cosmetic dentistry treatments like these:
- Dental Veneers: These caps for the front of your teeth are made specifically for yours. They look like healthy enamel. When placed, people will no longer see any stains or unsightly damage. Instead, they’ll see a bright, healthy smile. Veneers even help protect teeth by adding a layer of protection.
- Professional Teeth Whitening: OTC kits technically work, but they are weak compared to professional-strength whitening you can get from Dr. Koo. We offer Opalescence Go, a treatment you can still do at home on your schedule.
- Gum Reshaping: Some people have gummy smiles, while others have teeth that look too long. Both can be treated at our Seattle, WA dental office! When complete, you’ll have a straight gumline and an attractive balance between gums and teeth.
- Invisalign Orthodontics: Crooked teeth really stand out no matter how old you are. Whether you need orthodontic help or it’s your teens, you can both skip metal braces and get Invisalign clear aligners. These work to straighten your smile, but they’re almost invisible when worn. Plus, they are done much sooner than braces.
- Tooth Bonding: For a more affordable cosmetic treatment, tooth bonding uses an enamel-colored resin that is expertly applied to the front of your teeth. This fills in chips or cracks and can even help with irregular edges.
One of the great things about spring and summer is finally getting some exercise outside. Bike riding, hiking, and sports are great ways to get active. But you need to ensure your family’s smiles are strong and healthy. It’s easy to crack or even knock out a tooth with an injury if it’s weak or already damaged. That’s why your family can get restorative dentistry treatments like these:
- Porcelain Dental Crowns: These are shaped and colored to look like a healthy, natural tooth. Then they are placed over a damaged or weak tooth, adding some protection to it. But dental crowns also seal damage, helping make sure it won’t get worse through a minor accident.
- Fillings, Inlays, and Onlays: Cavities are common in kids and adults, but since they are holes in your enamel, they make a tooth weak and prone to serious damage. That’s why you need fillings! Inlays and onlays can repair more damage. And remember, it usually takes a thorough dental exam to even know if you have a cavity.
- Dental Bridges: If you’re missing a tooth, you really need to get it replaced. For a non-surgical method, the dental bridge is amazing. It bonds a dental crown to the teeth on either side of the gap, keeping it locked in place.
- Dental Implants: One downside of dental bridges is that it does not help with jawbone deterioration, which happens when there’s no root in place. Dental implants feature an artificial root that helps promote jawbone health. This can make a big difference if someone in your family takes a nasty fall while active.
- Root Canal Treatment: Infected teeth will grow weak as the bacteria starve the tooth from the inside. To stop this, you need a root canal. After thoroughly numbing the area, Dr. Koo will gently remove the infection so the tooth can be healthy and strong once again.
Call us today at 206-922-4573 or contact us through our online form to schedule an appointment for your entire family’s smiles. Whether they need smiles that look great for all those pictures, or they need stronger teeth for being active outside, you can get the treatments you need right here.