If you’ve lost most or all of your teeth, you may have resigned yourself to a smile that just doesn’t feel and function the way it once did. But wait, not so fast! Implant dentures give you a far more lifelike experience than traditional dentures.
To ensure the best results, Dr. Koo uses the latest implant technology. This includes a type of implant that fuses more quickly with your bone than other kinds of implants and a computer-guided placement procedure. You also have the option of receiving nitrous oxide (laughing gas) during your treatment.
To see if you’re a good candidate for dental implant dentures, call Jahyun Koo DDS at 206-922-4573 for a free consultation. In the meantime, check out these benefits you just can’t get from conventional dentures:
- Prevent Bone Loss – You may not be aware, but your tooth roots protect you from bone loss. They stimulate your jaw when chewing, which encourages new bone growth. If you don’t have tooth roots, your jaw starts to shrink. That’s why regular dentures can make you look older. Dental implants serve the same function as natural tooth roots. They keep the bone in your jaw from degrading.
- Keep Teeth Firmly in Place – Suction simply isn’t enough to keep regular dentures in place. They tend to slip and shift. Even using adhesive doesn’t always keep them from moving. Once inserted in your jaw, implants fuse with the bone. So when your dentist attaches replacement teeth to them, they won’t go anywhere. You’ll feel more confident in social situations when you’re not worried about loose dentures.
- Simple Maintenance – Depending on the kind of implant dentures you choose, you may need no more than simple brushing and flossing to keep them clean. As noted above, implants keep your jaw intact. So you shouldn’t have to worry about relining procedures to maintain the fit of your dental implant dentures.
- Greater Chewing Power – You’ll have a stronger bite and be able to enjoy more kinds of food with dental implant dentures. You should be able to eat virtually anything – including treats like crunchy apples and corn-on-the-cob.
- Enhanced Comfort – Since your new teeth won’t shift around with implants, you won’t have to worry about sore spots on your gums.
Interested in implant dentures? Call our office today at 206-922-4573 for an appointment or schedule online for an appointment in Seattle, WA. We’re located on California Avenue Southwest, not far from Fairmount Park.